Universal Credit ‘Help to Claim’ Service
Alongside our existing specialisms, Citizens Advice Bedford provides end-to-end support to help people with making a new Universal Credit claim and continuous support throughout.
This service can include:
- Assessing whether a person should be claiming Universal Credit
- Providing digital support to make the online claim
- Assisting with evidence requirements
- Helping claimants to understand and manage the transition from legacy benefits to Universal Credit
- Providing ongoing support right up until the point of the first payment
- Ensuring clients can access support for other areas where they may need assistance (e.g. debt or housing)
This list is non-exhaustive and in reality we provide assistance with every part of the Universal Credit claim process, depending on the needs and capability of each individual.
If you think that you could benefit from any of the services that the Financial Capability Team offers then please contact us