It is part of the national Citizens Advice organisation which aims to:
- Provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- Influence policy makers to improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.
Our service is open to anyone: it is free, independent, confidential and impartial. Citizens Advice Bedford exists to help those who live or work in the Borough of Bedford.
We are supported, and very thankful to our supporters: Bedford Borough Council, The Harpur Trust and The House Of Industry.
- We have over 100 hardworking and dedicated people who last year dealt with 15,260 different problems.
- £3.6M of additional income was identified for clients in 2017/18
- £1.7M of debt was negotiated by our clients in 2017/18
Client Problems:The chart below shows in percentage the different problems CAB solve.
We are proud to be a living wage and disability committed employer as one of the largest charity and advice organisation in Bedford Borough we hope that our stance will influence and encourage other organisations to follow suit.