Citizens Advice Bedford (CAB) is an independent charity, which provides free, independent, confidential and impartial information, advice and guidance across a wide range of issues to residents of Bedford Borough. CAB is a member of the Citizens Advice network, a well-known and trusted nationwide brand, whose aims are:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To influence policy makers to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
Since 1940, we have been delivering advice services, throughout always evidencing our extensive local knowledge and building on our strong track record helping Bedford Borough residents.
Fact File:Between 2017 and 2020 CAB has delivered:
- 55,678 pieces of advice to over 29,338 people.
- Generated £4.6M in benefit gain.
- Re-negotiated/managed debt worth £12M, including Council Tax arrears of £887,362.
- Saved clients’ £70,799 through switching their energy for better deals.
Client Problems:The chart below shows in percentage the different problems CAB solve.
We are proud to be a living wage, disability committed employer. In addition CAB supports our serving personel and veterans. As one of the largest charity and advice organisations in Bedford Borough we hope that our stance will influence and encourage other organisations to follow suit.